Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Muffins with mom at CTK with Jacob

This morning, at Christ the King, we had muffins with mom! Nothing's cuter than a bunch of 2, 3 and 4 year olds singing little 'I love mommy' songs in chapel. Except, of course, when it's your 3 year old most definitely not singing, but picking his nose! I'll spare you the pictures of that, you'll just have to take my word for it about how proud I am. NOT! After chapel, we did have a nice brunch in the classroom, fruit, muffins, juice, etc. I was presented with a lovely necklace he made for me (which he decided to wear), a flower he planted for me (which I'll try not to kill), and a flower-shaped placemat with his picture and a statement of why he loves me (which will go in the 'to keep' tub of kids creations). I guess that makes up for the nose-picking in front of all these other mamas, whose beautiful children are all singing, just like they're supposed to. My only other consolation is that when it came time for the mamas to leave and the kids to stay, their children did just as much crying and tantrum throwing as mine! Hard to believe, I know, but Jacob doesn't like it when I drop him off in the mornings, let alone after I've dropped him off, shown back up for chapel and snack, then leave again? Oh, well. Another day, another mommy guilt trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment