Yesterday was the first day at SBEC. Just a half day, but a first day nonetheless. Kristen and Jackson had great first days. Jacob's was a come-and-go, meet the teacher, see your room kind of thing, so after dropping off K and JD, and taking the required photos, JA and I headed to his room. He went to play, right away, and when he saw I wasn't leaving, he came over to me and said "I want you to go away." Really? What? I explained to him that I had to stay, I couldn't leave. So a couple of minutes later, he says to me "It's time for you to leave. Here's your purse." He finally figured out after about 15 minutes of him telling me to leave and me explaining that I couldn't that I wasn't going anywhere. So he played about an hour with his new friends and checked out the new toys before he came and told me he was ready to go. What happened to the child that screamed and cried and turned into an octopus with super human clinging strength when I tried to leave him before?
Wow, didn't Jacob make you feel loved? They're growing up too quickly!
ReplyDelete