Here I am, the Thursday before the Blob's 3rd birthday party. and where are you? Looking down from above, laughing and having a great time, watching me try to pull this off by myself! I know you've watched me make the Mickey Mouse topiaries (do you approve?) and watched your daughter and mine dot treat bags (didn't quite turn out like I thought, but hey, they had a good time) and watched me bake the first batch of Mickey Mouse head sugar cookies for the Blob's friends at school (only tore ears off of two of them getting them off the cookie sheet).
I know you're getting some good laughs at my expense, but take it easy on me, ok? This is the first birthday party in what, 3 years that I've had to do without you! Amber's doing a great job of listening, and I think I've found some great things (Mickey Mouse shaped chicken nuggets, anyone?) to have & use, but I sure have missed your phone calls with ideas! But I know you're glad you don't have to drive down I-55 with a giant 50" Mickey Mouse balloon buckled in your front seat (my IL's are picking up your slack in that department), I don't think you ever forgave me for the 50" Elmo from last year! And you'll be equally glad to know I didn't ask your DH to shuttle the MM balloon, either! I figured that would be pushing it, just a tad! :)
I hope I make you proud!
You have made her proud without a doubt. I'm very impressed, even thru all the tears I'm shedding. Happy Birthday Jacob!
ReplyDeleteYea, Diane!! I am so tickled you started blogging!! I love the MM topiaries! You are so talented and funny!! I know she is smiling down on you!
ReplyDelete