From what I could tell yesterday, Jacob's party was a success and he managed to live to be 3! I have some really good friends who came, in spite of the lovely thunder, lightening and rain and brought Jacob some really cool presents (because the poor boy has no toys, you know)! Thanks to Wanda, who came over Saturday and tediously folded some awesome streamers, and thanks to Amber, who came early yesterday to make pitch in doing whatever, which ended up being fixing some of the food and basically keeping me calm, especially when Jacob managed to dump one of the topiaries completely off the counter and all over everywhere, the food table, the floor, and even in some of the food baskets! He decided to start lapping the kitchen, dragging a bunch of red balloons with ears behind him, and just managed to snag one of the topiaries on his way around the counter! He loved all his presents, THANKS everybody for coming and for his gifts! I hope next year to actually capture him blowing out his candles, I guess we didn't tell him to wait until after everyone sung Happy Birthday for him to blow! So I wasn't quite ready when he blew the second after Jeremey put the cake in front of him! And I guess we should've better explained the pull string pinata concept, we didn't bother to tell him (I don't guess) that he pulls just one string, and his friend pull just one, taking turns. He grabbed all of them, and whoosh, there was all the candy! So needless to say, I didn't capture the broken pinata moment, either.
Also, Saturday night, Amber, Wanda, Mitzi and I finally were able to go out Saturday night, for our girl's night out celebration of Michelle's birthday. We tried to go out the Friday in January right after her birthday, but were unable to due to the weather. So Saturday night, we went to Folks Folly, courtesy of some gift certificates Mitzi had, had some great food, and since we were too late for a movie, we went shopping! Steinmart until they closed at 9, then Target, because they didn't close until 10, then we hit TCBY, they don't close until 11! Michelle, we know you were with us, and we hope you had a great time laughing with us, acting like the fools we can't be when we're the mommies!
The girls: Carter, Hannah, Halle, Kristen, Elizabeth and Brenna
Brenna had a great time! I'm sure Michelle was with y'all on Saturday night- she loved Folks Folly. We went there last year for our anniversary. I was just telling Brady and Kim about Folks Folly Sunday.
ReplyDeleteI am sure Brenna had a blast at the party! I am so glad you all had your "girls night". Sounds like you had a terrific time and I am sure Michelle was laughing right along with you!
ReplyDelete